A company’s brand is its most valuable asset and is essential to any company or organization. It’s what sets you apart from the competition and tells your customers
- who you are
- what you stand for
- Why they should do business with you.
That’s why it’s so important to make sure your brand is healthy and up to date; because even the strongest brands need a refresh from time to time.
Let’s take a look at how to refresh your brand in 3 steps!
1. Assess Your Current Positioning
The first step in refreshing your brand is to take a close look at your current position in the market. What does your brand say about you? How does it compare to the competition? If you’re not happy with what you see, it may be time for a change. Don’t be afraid to be BOLD; a fresh, new brand can do wonders for your business. Here are a few prompts we use with our clients to help them begin to answer these questions:
- Who are you trying to reach?
- What are their needs and wants?
- How has that changed since you last did a marketing campaign?
Make sure that your branding appeals to your target audience and reflects their changing needs.
2. Update Your Visual Identity
Your visual identity is one of the most important aspects of your brand. It’s how people will recognize you, so it’s important that it reflects who you are and what you stand for. If your logo or website is outdated, now is the time to make a change.
A fresh, modern look will help you stand out from the crowd and show that you’re keeping up with the times. Here are a few actionable things you can do right now that will make a huge impact toward a clearer, more defined position.
- Take a critical look at your brand identity as it stands today. Does it reflect the value, impact, and solution you provide to your clients? Allow your team to give feedback and suggestions or consider doing a blind poll to your audience to receive their thoughts.
- Update your logo to reflect a more sophisticated and established brand identity.
- Create a Brand Brief that is to be applied throughout every area of your brand- from internal functions all the way through your marketing assets. This is the perfect opportunity to update the images you use for marketing materials, clarify your font choices, and create parameters for the usage of logos, sub marks, and icons throughout your brand.
3. Review Your Messaging
What does your company stand for? What are your core values? These are important questions to answer when refreshing your brand.
We often say, “A brand’s visuals will cause someone to stop and take a look but it’s the messaging that will convert them to a client!”
Take a close look at your messaging and make sure that it aligns with your new positioning. This is also a good time to update your tagline or create a new one that better reflects who you are as a company.
Here are a few prompts to help you make the right updates to your messaging & brand voice:
Do you want to be seen as:
- Professional and authoritative?
- Friendly and approachable?
- Hip and trendy?
Whichever route you take, make sure that all of your communications reflect that tone and voice. This includes your website copy, the way you handle sales calls, customer service tickets, etc.
Consistency is KEY!
You know that your company’s brand is your most valuable asset, so it’s essential to make sure it’s healthy and up-to-date. By assessing your current positioning, updating your visual identity, and reviewing your messaging, you can give your brand the refresh it needs to stay relevant and compete in today’s marketplace.
But I also know these steps on your own can feel overwhelming and, oh-so-often, the process of refreshing your brand can fall to the bottom of the priority list.
THAT MAKES SENSE! You are focused on the sales and growth of your business and these tasks pull you away from the thing that keeps the sales ship moving. That’s why BoBella exists!
Our services are tailored towards helping you refresh and establish a brand that is aligned with who you are, what your audience needs, and keeps you and your team in a place of synergy as you continue to create and resource your client’s in the ways they need.
The amount of reprieve and success that our clients have seen on the other side of the brand refresh is monumental. I’m going to link to a snapshot of some of the work we’ve done recently. Take a scroll through the page and then, here’s your action step…
Book a call with us! Let’s connect and see if your brand is ready for an update.
We’re here to keep your brand moving in a direction of growth.
BoBella is truly here for YOU!